Detoxify Deeply With An Infrared Sauna
An infrared sauna is a whole new way to relax and enjoy the many benefits of a traditional steam sauna. You will receive all the benefits of a steam sauna with the addition of several more. Best of all, it may be appropriate for those who may not be able to handle the hot and humid environment of a regular sauna.
How It Works
Both a Finnish style steam sauna, and an infrared sauna offer detoxification, but at different levels. An infrared sauna provides deeper detox than the traditional. The sauna experience is also totally different. Traditional saunas have warm/moist air and traditional sessions last 15-20 minutes. Infrared heats the body instead of the air, and sessions can last 20-60 minutes. If it takes you a little longer to unwind, an infrared sauna is perfect for you.
A traditional wood or electric model heats the air in the sauna with a heat source (steam from hot stones). An infrared sauna will heat the body with infrared rays that do not heat the air, but instead are absorbed directly by the body.
Infrared Sauna Benefits
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna? They can give you all the positive health improvements you expect from a sauna with the addition of a few more:
- Better tolerated by those with heart conditions such as angina and arrhythmias, allowing everyone a safe way to enjoy a sauna
- Sweating is much heavier and occurs at a lower temperature. It has been found that you can sweat 2 or 3 times as much using infrared over a traditional heat source in the same amount of time
- The sweating comes from ‘deeper’ in the body. This further induces detoxification by releasing toxins deep in the body which escape the body through sweat
- More comfortable temperatures allow you to breathe easy. Typical temperatures inside the infrared heated sauna is 40-60 degrees C, compared to 65-120 degrees C with a traditional style. If you find it difficult to breathe in a regular sauna, infrared might be for you!
- Easier on the eyes and lungs. It has been believed that the lower temperatures of an IR sauna are easier on the corneas of the eyes. And anyone who has ever walked into a fully heated sauna and had problems breathing will also enjoy these lower temperatures
- If you love unwinding with a good book, the dry environment in an infrared sauna will help you keep the pages dry while you enjoy the benefits of relaxing in a sauna.
Cost Saving Benefits
One of the most popular benefits of an infrared heated sauna is that it can cost only 1/3 as much to run one in comparison to a traditional steam sauna. This is due to the fact that the IR sauna heats your body directly, not the air around your body. This is much more efficient. Once you add in the warm up time associated with an electric sauna, that cost difference becomes even more pronounced.
Nearly every one of these is also classified as a portable sauna as they dismantle easily. You can take yours with you to the cottage, beach house or even your new home.
Finding The Perfect Infrared Sauna
To choose the best infrared sauna for your requirements, we invite you to view our selection, or visit a local IR sauna dealer where you can view and test the options. For those in the Greater Sudbury area, the specialists at Nordic Energy will gladly help you find your perfect sauna solution.